By-Nikita ViraKaushik, (Cofounder of Studio CASA 9)
The festive season is here which means the new fashion launch season as well. Festive collections are here and you must choose carefully, to beat the crowd and stand out in your unique piece. As LakmeFashion Week lit up the fashion industry with new festive collections, we will tell you all the secrets about the latest fashion trends you must follow.
- Less is more – The focus has shifted to minimalistic and chic designs for contemporary Indian wear. Be sure to match your pants with multiple tops of different cuts and patterns that complement your body. A statement gold jewellery paired with nude make up with either bright lip Color or sharp eyes will give you that uber stylish look to flaunt.
- Handcrafted embellishments – With motif and cuts determining the flow of the ensemble, handcrafted embellishments will be in vogue. The opportunities of working with embellishments are the scope of experimentation it provides. Moghul jaalis and motifs will rule the contemporary Indian wear segment this festive season.
- Fabric – Rich fabric allows for glamour. Using modern silhouettes and flow cuts using fabrics like chanderi cotton, muls, georgette, and modal satin will command the game for those who want to up their style statement, coupled with comfort.
- Straight pants – Churi bottoms are now obsolete with the exit of Anarkali design. More women
prefer straight pants or soft palazzos to complement long flowy dresses. Not only do they make your look cleaner and sleeker, they go perfectly well as work wear. To sport a traditional wear with a modern look, match it with ethnicKurti and light chunky jewellery.
- Patterns and colours – Floral patterns continue to be favourite geometric patterns are also in vogue. Solid colours will be in prevalence with handcrafted embellishments creating minimalistic, non-jargonized ensembles. Ivory and gold along with corals are the flavours of the season, even trending in the recent celebrity weddings, setting a statement.
Fashion is all about confidence and comfort. We would highly recommend you to choose your garment according to your understanding of comfort. It is crucial to stay comfortable to carry your style, so choose your elements carefully and don’t just blindly chase the trend. You can definitely set your own trend if you feel stylish in a look. Don your ensemble with carefully picked matching accessories like shoes and bags. For example, a simple brown bag with brown shoes, white shirt and blue denim will look great as a universal wear.
We also recommend you to maintain a 1:2 bottoms to tops ratio in your wardrobe. This will allow you to mix and match for an entire work week. Pay attention to the details of your choice and you should have the perfect creation right before you.
Profile: Studio CASA 9 Co-Founders: Ms Benita Vira Sahani & Ms Nikita Vira Kaushik Studio CASA 9 is a refreshing take on contemporary women’s wear handcrafted with elements of myriad colours, modern silhouettes and interesting textures that are designed truly for the experimental souls. Started by designer duo- Benita & Nikita for an irresistible urge to create unconventional and contemporary fashion, Studio CASA 9’s spirit resides in the diversity of designs that mirror culture, passion, creativity and luxury at the same time. Their Area of Expertise has a large assortment in which some of the best they do are in Trousseau Wear, Bridal Wear, Concept Dressing Personal Grooming, Styling for Men/Women. We also customize as per individual demands and try to satiate the needs in a perfect manner.
Studio CASA 9 is also associated with Events & Projects with:
IMC- Mumbai ’15
Ruchika Fest- Mumbai ‘16/ 17
Akshay Prathisthan- Delhi ‘15/16/17
Pause for Cause- Delhi /Mumbai, ‘14/15
Undertaken craft projects with NEFT, Mumbai
Associated as a leading brand for supporting the handloom sector of India
Black Taxi ‘17