Cannes, May 8, 2018 – Atelier Swarovski deepens its commitment to conscious luxury with a new fine jewelry collection created in collaboration with Penélope Cruz, which was unveiled by the actress on the red carpet at Cannes.
Made with Swarovski Created Diamonds, Swarovski Genuine Topaz, created gemstones and 18-karat Fairtrade Gold, the collection showcases the sustainability and innovation at the heart of Atelier Swarovski.
Previewing select pieces in advance of the launch of her full Atelier Swarovski Fine Jewelry collection during Paris haute couture week this July, Penélope wore earrings and a matching ring in white 18-karat FairTrade Gold set with Swarovski Created Diamonds and created rubies. With this new collection, Atelier Swarovski announces its commitment to making all its fine jewelry pieces with responsibly sourced gold, marking the next step on the company’s journey to becoming a leader in conscious luxury.
The Atelier Swarovski by Penélope Cruz Fine Jewelry Collection and the in-house designed Atelier Swarovski Fine Jewelry Collections will be available to order from July 2018.
- Atelier Swarovski offers cutting-edge jewelry, accessories and home décor items which are the ultimate expression of Swarovski. Pushing the boundaries of creativity with crystal, created gemstones and genuine gemstones, it collaborates with the finest talents in the world across fashion, jewelry, architecture and design.
- Atelier Swarovski was founded by Nadja Swarovski in 2007 as a showcase for creativity, craftsmanship, master cutting and material innovations. The brand presents seasonal jewelry and accessories collaborations twice a year, alongside its constantly evolving core collections.
- Atelier Swarovski’s home décor collections, launched at Milan Design Week in April 2016, comprise functional and decorative objects for the home.
- With its focus on conscious luxury, Atelier Swarovski introduced its first fine jewelry collections made with Swarovski Created Diamonds in 2017, and was certified as a member of the Responsible Jewellery Council the same year. In 2018, continuing its sustainability journey, Atelier Swarovski announced its partnership with Fairtrade, working with an artisanal mine in Peru to incorporate responsibly sourced gold into all future collections.
- The brand celebrated its first decade with the release of ‘Brilliant: The Story of Atelier Swarovski’, published by Condé Nast, in early 2018.
- Atelier Swarovski’s past collaborators include Jean Paul Gaultier, Viktor&Rolf, Jason Wu, Christopher Kane, Maison Margiela and Mary Katrantzou for jewelry, and Zaha Hadid, Daniel Libeskind and Ron Arad for home décor.