Mumbai. December 2018: Sports has the power to outline nations as a whole. It describes a nation’s transformation journey by highlighting the growth, development and the progress made widely. The Times of India Global Sports Business Show promotes international participation and features international speakers, who will highlight the scope of sports ecosystem and its various benefits.
With the ever changing need of adapting healthy routine and lifestyle, it is certain that sports is good for the society and people. However, with the increased prominence of sports, sports industry has also proven to be beneficial for the business too. The sports sector has a huge scope and the market has flooded with various start-ups, company tie-ups, league events, CSR activities, increased investments contributing to global trade and monetary benefits.
The global sports market, comprising of infrastructure, events, training and manufacturing and retail of sports goods is estimated at INR37.8–44.2 Lakh crore (USD600–700 billion), accounting for approximately 1 per cent of the global GDP. And India’s sports industry is expected to boom in the next 5-7 years and aimed to touch $10 billion.
Earlier, sports was considered as an activity for entertainment, playful time and physical and mental well-being. It’s growing significance has escalated business opportunities for investors in various fields: Fashion, Infrastructure, Technology, Food & Beverage, Health, Tourism and also increased the demand for its services.
India has grown in sports and achieved international accreditation in sports with Indians like Sachin Tendulkar, Leander Paes, Abhinav Bindra, Milkha Singh. Cultural diversity has seemingly increased and the gender inequality gap is viewed to decline with Indian women sports personalities like SainaNehwal, Sania Mirza, Mary Kom participate at the global level.
It has been observed that sports is not only perceived as a contributing factor to the nation’s GDP but it also helps in refining human resources, economy and social structure of a country.
To highlight the world-wide importance of sports, The Times of India Global sports show has successfully managed to appeal international participation:
- Niccolo Campriani, 3 times Olympic gold medallist, Italian Olympic Shooter
- Colin Gibson, Director Communications, Asian Football Confederation
- Andreas Kufner, Head of International Brand Management, FC Bayern
- Gunter Pfaque, Global Football, Football Consultant
- Barbara Smit, Sports Journalist & Author, France
- Eduardo Demaestri, President, Argentine Super League of Volleyball, Buenos Aires Argentina
- Mar Peire- Vice President AFYDAD- Spanish Sport Industry, Founder & CEO COOLCASC S.L.
Innovation in Football
- Nicolas Evans, Group Leader Football Quality Programme, FIFA
- Peer NiclasNaubert, Head of Global Marketing, Digital & Communications, Bundesliga International
- Sebastian Bacher, Head of Football School and Pedagogical Head of TSG Academy, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
- Daniel Marchwinski, CEO, GoalControl
- Dr. Dr. Matthias Lochmann, Division of Sport and Exercise Medicine, Department of Sport Science and Sport, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg Germany
- Julien Denis, CEO, Exerlights
About GSS 2018:
TheTimes of India Global Sports Business Show (GSS) is a platform that will bring together top corporates, leading stakeholders, policy makers, international sports brands, leagues, sports management companies and everybody who is a part of the sports business value chain under one roof to help India realize the dream of becoming a truly international sporting nation with world class infrastructure. This initiative will accentuate the government’s vision to create a sustainable sporting ecosystem in India through infrastructure development, attracting investments in the sports sector and also position India as a sports destination in overseas markets.
About ET Edge:
Times Strategic Solutions Ltd., functional under the brand name ET Edge, is an Economic Times initiative founded to empower multiple industries and segments by sharing critical business knowledge through strategic conferences, summits and focused exhibitions. Encompassing the Indian business vista, ET Edge strives to bring together visionaries and key leaders on its knowledge platforms to create a social and business environment conducive to the positive changes required by the industry. The main aim of this initiative is to channel global business intelligence through exhibitions, summits and conferences in overarching lectures, hands-on workshops, panels, roundtables, case studies and more.